STRATEGY & PROGRAM DESIGN. ORGANIZE & BUILD. MANAGE & SUPPORT. RESEARCH & EVALUATION.
We DESIGN, ORGANIZE, MANAGE, SUPPORT, RESEARCH & EVALUATE high-impact projects.
The Vaid Group offers a wide range of services to social innovators working for equity and justice. We design strategies, programs and initiatives on global and domestic policy issues. We organize coalitions, networks, meetings, policy campaigns and more. We manage projects and support our partners in achieving the goals they have set, including providing support in organizational development, management and effective fund development. We build knowledge through original research projects, documentation, landscape analysis, and program evaluation.
Our substantive areas of knowledge include, coalition and network building, facilitation of strategy meetings, philanthropic initiative management and design, human rights, global and national policy, civil rights (LGBTQ, racial, economic, and gender justice), fundraising, criminal justice reform, anti-poverty, conservation, environmental sustainability and habitat protection, organizational development, program strategy, global and domestic philanthropy.
We devise solutions that deliver results & impact.
Strategy & Program Design
We design high-impact programs, philanthropic initiatives, systems-analysis, organizational strategy, research, and solutions for diverse organizations, networks, coalitions, foundations, and individual philanthropists.
- Program design and strategy for organizations, donors, and foundations
- Public policy analysis and solutions
- Strategy to advance advocacy and public affairs campaigns on diverse issues
- Support for nonprofits and projects on fund development (foundation relations, fundraising plans, resource development strategy)
- Philanthropic advisory services for foundations and individuals (strategy, initiative design, collaborative funds, grant-making strategy, evaluation)
- We persuade and mobilize varied audiences, including policy makers, influencers, individual donors, foundations, media, organizational constituencies, and institutions, using both old and new power tools.
Philanthropic strategy designed for The Palette Fund for its engagement in Provincetown MA.
Philanthropic programs created and implemented at management level at the Ford Foundation, Governance & Civil Society Program.
Developed program and foundation strategy for and with individual philanthropist and founder to launch Arcus Foundation as a global innovator in social justice and conservation.
Organize & Build
We organize, strengthen and develop projects, initiatives and processess that can build partnerships and coalitions and achieve results.
- Coalition and network building, strategy and management (advocacy, issue, cross-sector, educational)
- Movement building and convening (strategies that connect people around issues, constituencies, region or within or across)
- Philanthropic and political giving
- Project management (conferences, coalitions, advocacy initiatives)
- Convening, consultation, collaboratives, and conference production
- Cultural Strategies (messaging, narrative development, public education, media relations)
- Direct Engagement Strategies (direct action, social media, political and cultural events)
- Conference and event MC and moderator services (donor advised fun)
Designed and organized national consultation process that produced first-national LGBT/HIV policy agenda on criminal justice reform and resulted in formation of the only national network on LGBT/HIV criminal justice reform. See A Roadmap for Change: Federal Policy recommendations Addressing The Criminalization of LGBT People and People Living with HIV (2014) and National LGBT/HIV Criminal Justice Working Group.
Conference production experience includes national legal symposium on criminal justice reform and prisoner’s rights – (Columbia Law School 2014); political engagement (LPAC Leadership Summit – 2013); Creating Change Conference (Cofounded and organized).
Extensive conference MC experience by Team Members includes, OutGiving, Democracy Alliance, Women Donors Network, Fenway Institute, National Center for Lesbian Rights, ACLU, among others.
Manage & Support
We manage initiatives, coalitions, research, advocacy campaigns and projects for our clients. And we provide support in a wide range of practical matters.
- Philanthropic and cross-sector collaboratives and initiatives
- Coalition building and management
- Fund and resource development campaigns
- Policy and advocacy projects
- Project management
- Convening and meeting planning and facilitation
Since 2014, we have managed a national advocacy coalition of over 50 state, local and national groups working on criminal justice policy reform.
We have provided strategic and operational support to the Provincetown Commons, a new effort to build a center for arts and entrepreneurship in Provincetown MA.
We helped manage and lead LPAC, the national lesbian political organization and SuperPAC through an eight-month leadership transition.
Research & Evaluation
We are experienced at various kinds of research, and able to deploy diverse methodologies, from traditional social science research, to legal and policy analysis. Our team includes members with extensive practical experience in the issues facing justice and equity-focused organizations and projects. We are a team of JDs, PhDs, and MA's in diverse fields. Landscape and strategic analysis
Designed and wrote first-ever landscape analysis on high net worth donors of color. Titled The Apparitional Donor: Understanding and Engaging High Net Worth Donors of Color (available at www.donorsofcolor.org).
Designed and completed participatory research project to consult with service providers in 8 cities and 2 rural communities on LGBTQ poverty. Results published in forthcoming report titled Intersecting Injustice.
Conducted program documentation and assessment for American Federation of Teachers (AFT) on its Innovation Fund.