STRATEGY. ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. IMPACT.
The Vaid Group supports social innovators working to advance racial, gender, economic, climate equity and reduce structural inequality. Our consulting services include:
If you're ready to discuss working together, you can get in touch.
STRATEGY & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We support diverse organizations, networks, coalitions, and donors to develop their organizations and achieve their objectives.
- Organizational development and operational systems
- Strategic planning
- Board development
- Management team capacity building
- Ensuring racial equity in organizational operations and programs
- Program and initiative design
- Fundraising and development plans
- Human resource policies and systems design that centers equity
- Donor initiative design & management
- Donor advising
- We worked with the Palette Fund to create and implement a place-based, stakeholder engagement & funding strategy for community development in Provincetown MA.
- We supported the programmatic inclusion of racial equity into the work of Bread for The World, a leading Christian anti-hunger organization.
- We provided interim-Executive Director support (operational, fundraising and management leadership) to LPAC, the national lesbian SuperPAC, during a leadership transition.
INITIATIVE DESIGN & MANAGEMENT
We work with partners to envision and design unique projects and initiatives to advance their policy goals, change social movement practices, and increase collaboration across sectors to win change.
We also incubate our own unique initiatives through Justice Work at The Vaid Group, a c3 think tank/action lab that is a fiscally sponsored c3 project of the National Center for Civic Innovation. Our methodology to build any initiative starts with original research - often participatory -- and community-centered design that is grounded in the input and experience of those most impacted by a challenge or opportunity.
- Original research - includes surveys, landscape analysis, interviews, focus groups, convening
- Project management and implementation
- Strategic planning and design of advocacy, organizing, funding or policy initiatives
- Design and management of donor networks and funding collaboratives
- Design projects that increase cross-organization and cross-sector collaboration
- We co-founded (and serve as Senior Advisor to) Donors of Color Network the first and only cross-racial, philanthropic and political network connecting individual high net worth donors of color.(www.donorsofcolor.org)
- We co-authored A Roadmap for Change: Public Policy Recommendations Addressing the Criminalization of LGBT People and People Living with HIV, with Andrea Ritchie, Dean Spade, Aisha Moodie Mills and Catherine Hanssens; this process led to formation of National LGBT/HIV Criminal Justice Working Group.
ORGANIZING, POLICY & ADVOCACY
We design strategies that advance issue advocacy, organizing, community engagement and build community leadership with our clients and partners.
- Policy analysis, research and policy development
- Advocacy campaigns
- Organizing initiatives
- Coalition and network building & management
- Convening, facilitation, meeting planning
- Conference design, production and management
- Direct Engagement Strategies (direct action, political and cultural events)
- The National Anti-Poverty Action Network grew out of our multi-year organizing initiative to place poverty on the agenda of LGBTQ movement groups and LGBTQ people on the agenda of anti-poverty movement. (see www.lgbtqpoverty.org)
- National LGBT/HIV Criminal Justice Working Group, a program of Black & Pink is the national network connecting organizations working to reduce the unique harms of the criminal legal system on the lives of LGBT people and people living with HIV, emerged from a participatory research initiative.
- Conference production experience by Team Members includes Creating Change, Symposia at Columbia Law School; extensive experience as Conference MC and moderator at OutGiving, Democracy Alliance, Fenway Institute, National Center for Lesbian Rights, among others.
RESEARCH & EVALUATION
We are a team of experienced researchers and writers, with JD's PhDs and MAs from diverse fields. We offer rigorous analytical approaches that deploy diverse methodologies, from traditional social science research, to landscape analysis, to legal and policy analysis, to participatory research.
- Researched and wrote first-ever landscape analysis on the philanthropic engagement of people of color with high net worth. Titled The Apparitional Donor: Understanding and Engaging High Net Worth Donors of Color (available at www.donorsofcolor.org).
- Designed and completed participatory research project with 8 partner organizations, convening service providers in 8 cities and 2 rural communities to inform the writing of an original report addressing key policy actions that could impact LGBTQ poverty (Intersecting Injustice: A National Call To Action) (available at www.lgbtqpoverty.info or www.lgbtqpoverty.org).
- Conducted program documentation and assessment for American Federation of Teachers (AFT) on impact of its Innovation Fund.